LICKED BY THE FLAME by Serena Gilley (July 7, 2015; Forever Yours E-Book; The Forbidden Realm #2)
One hot kiss from a smoldering dragon and all her thoughts go up in flames . . .
Lianne McGowan is a scientist on a mission. As brilliant as she is beautiful, she believes the key to the Earth's future is a new energy source. To find it, she'll delve deep into the fiery heart of an imposing mountain-and take on an even more imposing man: the sinfully seductive Nic Vladik.
Shape-shifting dragon Nic has sworn to guard the secret to his brethren's insatiable power. He must stop Lianne's search, yet the moment he feels the soft silk of her skin, his soul is set on fire. Unable to resist, Nic and Lianne submit to desire, and experience an exquisite passion unlike either has ever known. But their pleasure is short-lived. Lianne has made a discovery that endangers herself, Nic, and all Dragonkind. With his world at stake, will Nic save his clan-or the woman he loves?
Buy the book!:
About the author:
Serena Gilley grew up reading fantasy and fairy tales, and believing there was a distinct possibility that both of them were real. Somewhere. Even all these years later, Serena's belief in magic and mystery hasn't diminished. In fact, She is living out her own happily-ever-after with a handsome prince in a beautiful castle, taming dragons and granting wishes every day. Okay, so the prince is a regular guy, the dragons are really just teenagers, and the wishes she grants are as spectacular as frozen pizza on Friday night, but it's a fantasy world just the same.
Social Media Links:
Kitty’s Book Spot Top 5 List
Music, please--to write or read by:
- For those scenes of lost love and yearning—Josh Groban; that man's voice can break my heart! Also, "I Can't Make You Love Me" by Bonnie Raitt and "All of Me" by John Legend
- For the steamy, sexy scenes—"Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak, "I'm On Fire" by Bruce Springsteen, "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman" by Bryan Adams
- For the fun, quirky scenes—"Marry the Night" by Lady Gaga, "Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira, "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction (don't judge me)
- For serious concentration and reflection—Pretty much any version of "Hallelujah," like the ones by k.d. lang, Neil Diamond, Rufus Wainwright, Jeff Buckley, and the Canadian Tenors
- For the grand finale—"Come With Me Now" by Kongos, "Love Runs Out" by One Republic, "Carry On" by Fun.