The Boy Friend by Mika Jolie
Date of Publication: April 25, 2017
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Dean & Coriander AKA Cori are best friends. Yes, just friends. Only everyone around them either doesn't believe them, or thinks they should be together. How can one find a significant other in the middle of all of this?
Cori wants to settle down. Dean wants to be the best friend for her that he can be. So what if he is suddenly finding himself thinking of her all day and all night. Is this the time to take a chance? Would the future be brighter if they gave it a try?
This was a such a fun and easy read. I really love these characters. They truly care about one another. The sexy times between them are hot too. Such an incredible and funny book! I loved it and found it hard to put down. Sure hope we visit these characters again soon.
***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review.
or watch the trailer on Youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPog98KiJaI
Guest Post w/Author Mika Jolie
Recipe Sharing – Salted caramel brownies
by Dean Conrad Morello
One of Coriander ‘Moonchild’ Phillips guilty pleasures is the combination of salted caramel anything. Tonight I’m baking one of her favorites—salted caramel brownies.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease then line a 23cm square tray bake tin with baking parchment. Melt the butter in a medium pan, break in all the chocolate, then remove the pan from the heat and wait for the cubes to melt.
- In a small bowl, mix 175g of the caramel with 1 tsp sea salt – it will loosen up. Put the rest of the caramel in a large bowl with the sugar and eggs, and beat with an electric hand mixer or balloon whisk until even.
- Whisk in the chocolate and butter. In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and a good pinch of table salt, then sift this on top of the chocolate mix. Beat briefly until smooth.
- Pour half the brownie batter into the tin and level it with a spatula. Using a teaspoon, spoon half of the salted caramel on top of the batter layer in 5 thick, evenly spaced stripes. Spoon the rest of the brownie batter on top and smooth it out, trying not to disturb the caramel beneath. Top with the rest of the caramel in the same stripy fashion. Drag a skewer or tip of a knife through the caramel to make a feathered pattern on the top.
- Scatter with a little more sea salt, then bake for 25-30 mins or until risen all the way to the middle with a firm crust on top. When ready, the brownie will jiggle just a little when you shake the tin. Let it cool completely in the tin, then cut into squares.
I want her.
She wants me.
Just not enough. Actually, she’s smart. We’re a bad idea. I’m well aware of that, except I like bad ideas. Exhaling, I scrub a hand over my face. This unrequited desire needs to be tucked away. I should have put an end to these crazy thoughts from the beginning, but I entertained them . . . like a playful pet. Now, my desire has grown into a ferocious animal.
Acceptance is key here. I need to accept that I’m the boy friend, without the perks, and move on. No need for unnecessary tension. Our circle is tight. Attraction, lust, are part of the human flesh. These wild horses of my mind must be tracked down, captured, and tucked away in the Do-Not-Touch Cori file.Find your copy of The Boy Friend at: http://mikajolie.com/books/the-boy-friend/
About Mika Jolie:
Find Mika Jolie Online: